Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Quick Mashed Potatoes!

You have those times when you wanted to make mashed potatoes. Something happens like you get lost on Social Media and there isn't enough time to boil them. And it takes a good hour or more, to get them done. I call these my Oh No! Mashed Potatoes. Cuz Oh No! I spent to much time updating my status and now I don't have time to make mashed potatoes!

That happened to me one day. It had completely slipped my mind to boil the potatoes on the stove and I didn't have time to even make another vegetable. (What to do? What to do?) So I pulled out The Microwave Pasta Pot.  Best invention ever for busy cooks. You can steam veggies as well as cook pasta.

Cook potatoes according to pasta pot instructions

I know that all my readers are super smart and fabulous. I must tell you this. Use CAUTION when you get the pasta pot out of the microwave, the pot is very hot. And the water and potatoes are really very hot.  Not just Hot! but very VERY HOT! So please use EXTRA CAUTION! 

Place one potato in the bowl at a time. And mash with a fork. I like to leave the skin on, but you can peal them before hand if that is your desire

Heat milk in a heat safe container in the microwave. Add milk 1/4 of a cup at a time. Too much milk and you will have Uh Oh! Potato Soup. Which wouldn't be bad, come to think of it. Add a couple tablespoons of butter and a dash of salt to taste.
If you want them smooth, then you can beat them with a hand mixer.


And you are done. I haven't measured it from start to finish, but it takes a lot less time than regular mashed potatoes.
And the mashed potatoes are wonderful. Your family won't know that you didn't slave over a hot stove all day.
And I won't tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment