Monday, April 29, 2019

One of My Favorite Easy Dinners!

     Sometimes after being out all day. I need a quick and easy dinner to prepare. 

   My first go to when running around and needing a quick dinner. Was the grocery store deli. Or a hamburger and french fries from a fast food place. Sometimes the struggle is real and I still visit the deli or the fast food restaurant. Working on doing that less and less. Cooking more meals at home and controlling the ingredients.

I posted a blog about this easy dinner before,
Adventures at the Olive Bar!

    .....but I changed a few things.....


   The original dinner didn't have any tomato sauce. So chopping up some Roma tomatoes and then sauteing them in a skillet. With just a bit of olive oil. Adding a bit of garlic, onion, basil, a dash of salt and a pinch of sugar. To your taste. Personally, my preference is less salt and sugar, with more seasoning. 


Chopped up some Roma Tomatoes
added garlic, onion powder and basil

     Meatless "meat" balls from Aldi. These are so good! Really I promise!



I tried cooking the meatballs in the oven first
Meatballs heat better in a skillet
than the oven








     My favorite garnish. Kalamata Olives and fresh Mozzarella cheese. 

Added some asparagus
     Cooked Asparagus on the side. 


     I served all this on Rotini pasta. If you wanted to be super healthy. You could serve it on spaghetti squash or zoodles. Or even roasted veggies

    It was delicious!

A few of my other blogs.
What Have I Been Doing? Progress Report
What Have I been Doing? Progress Report, Part Two
Wigs for Kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment