Saturday, March 30, 2019

The Process



All of Life is a Process

     
     I have come to the realization, life is a process.  Sometimes the process is the consequence of our bad choices. That is not really what we are talking about today. That is for another blog. I have made mistakes. I am not perfect. I have had to suffer the consequences of my actions. That is for another blog. Even though it is wonderful and freeing. When we own our poor life choices. Instead of blaming others and blaming peer pressure. That is for another blog. I could write explicitly about that. Let me stop right here.

Air Plant, just because


    What about when life hands you lemons? When you are going through times and trials that are not of your own making. When real life is happening. My thoughts are that life usually mirrors seasons. People are free to disagree. For me the season of trial is winter. No this isn't going to be a winter hate blog. No matter how disagreeable and nasty the season is.


Daffodils poking through the cold hard ground
In February


    Keep in mind that everything that is costly and beautiful, goes through a process and sometimes it is painful. Diamonds require high temperatures and pressure.(1) Gold needs a fire (2) to be refined and remove the imperfections. Gold and diamonds have no feeling. If gold and diamonds had feeling, the pressure would be painful.
This is just the creation. It doesn't take into account the cutting and molding from human hands.  

   When a pearl is created. A parasite or some type of irritant, takes up residence in a Oyster shell. (3) It can take six months on wards up to four years. Interesting thought that the pearl that took four years to form would be the most expensive(4) Even the odd pearls that are flawed are still beautiful.

    A caterpillar has to die, to become a butterfly. (5) It spins itself into a cocoon. Then it digests itself, but some cells remain. Having once watched the metamorphosis. From caterpillar to butterfly. It looks awful and painful. 

     This is the verse that has brought me comfort, during the winters of my life. Even if it has taken me a while to come to this point. The reason I am writing this blog. Is because of my current trip through winter, both spiritually and meteorological. (link below)

Progress Report, Part Two


2 Corinthians 12:9


I use the NIV and it isn't up for discussion.

     

Another verse that has brought me comfort. 

1 Peter 5:7 NIV

      Daffodils among other Spring flowers need a hard and cold winter. This is from my own personal experience. Once when we had a very warm winter. We had no daffodils or tulips. I personally loved it, the bulbs? Not so much.

    In February when the Daffodils start sprouting. They often have to endure terrible circumstances. Snow, ice and freezing cold temperatures. Yet they survive. They persevere and bloom in due time. They are all the more beautiful for their suffering.


Before
After



A few of my other blogs
What I have been doing? Progress Report, Part One
What have I been doing? Progress Report, Part Two

Bibliography
1.  https://geology.com/articles/diamonds-from-coal/
2.  https://www.britannica.com/technology/gold-processing
3. https://www.livescience.com/32289-how-do-oysters-make-pearls.html
4. https://www.americanpearl.com/historyoyster.html
5. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/caterpillar-butterfly-metamorphosis-explainer/

No comments:

Post a Comment