Saturday, April 11, 2015

Modest Running Clothes

       I was in a store and I have gained a little weight since last summer. And so with warm weather coming soon. I was looking for some cute and modest running clothes. Exercise apparel that wouldn't break the bank. Which I didn't find in the store I was shopping at. They had some very snug shorts that looked like men's boxer briefs. And some very snug Capri pants. Next to the teeny tiny t-shirts. Seriously, these were so teeny tiny the XL looked like it would barely fit a toddler. Do these things stretch?
  
      I am currently not in good physical shape. Like I said, I have gained extra weight. I have always looked rather doughy. So these very fitted styles of exercise apparel would look horrific on me. I can hear people screaming, My eyes, My eyes! Please put some clothes on! We can't take it anymore! It just wouldn't be a good look.

   I can see why a woman would want snug shorts. The kind that are lose and flowy would get all bunched up and uncomfortable. Unless you have a thigh gap. Let's face it. For most of us girls. The thigh gap isn't happening. Stop trying to make the thigh gap happen. It's not happening! That has to do with genetics and how your femur connects to your hips. I digress, that is another blog entirely.

    While out exercising one day. I did see a lady who looked as if she stepped out of the pages of Runners World. She had her matching top, pants and running shoes. All in a beautiful shade of chartreuse. Looking very graceful and elegant with correct strides and proper running form. I thought one day, I will look fit and elegant like that. Even if I was in fantastic shape like this young lady. I think I would still desire modest exercise apparel.

    Getting very personal and even TMI. My thighs are madly in love with each other. They are in that honeymoon phase and won't stop touching. (I warned you, I told you it was TMI) Which makes wearing loose running shorts very uncomfortable. That is why I like a running skirt with Jockey Skimmies slip shorts underneath. (Jockey Skimmies slip shorts is the best invention ever, just so you know)

    So I head to my favorite website, Amazon. I find a super cute skaters skirt. Alas, I should have read the reviews. If I had read the reviews. I would have found out that this skirt is really short and barely covers the essentials. And unlike one of the reviewers. I don't really think it is cool to panty flash anyone. Or in my case Skimmie flash anyone. If I thought that was cool. I would just buy and wear the mens women's boxer briefs. I would wear them in all my dough girl glory.

      After trying that skirt on and finding it quite unsuitable. I found another skirt. I bought it in a large and it is eighteen inches long. The smaller sizes are shorter. So when I reach the smaller sizes. I don't know if this skirt will still work.

http://www.amazon.com/HDE-Womens-Fashion-Casual-Pleated/dp/B00SVS5UUI/ref=pd_sim_a_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=19JMB04CN3MNTSD8VRKV


     And Jockey Skimmies Slip Shorts. Which are seriously the best thing since sliced bread. Not just for running and exercising. I wear them with dresses, too. They give a little more coverage and security.

http://www.jockey.com/catalog/product/skimmies-slipshort


Because not only do I think getting fit is fabulous. I think being modest is super fabulous.

My Skirt from Amazon with my very cute Kentucky Derby T-shirt







No comments:

Post a Comment