Monday, August 18, 2014

Shame, shame, sHaMe

     I have noticed how popular it has become to shame a woman for her size. Whether she is overweight, regular weight, or under weight.  Although I believe it has always been a popular sport to shame a woman for being overweight. The skinny shaming is a recent occurrence.

      And I am speaking to myself when I say let's use our words to build up and not tear down. Let us stop saying that because a woman doesn't meet our criteria of what a woman is "supposed" to look like. That somehow disqualifies her as a "real woman".

         All of us that call ourselves women. We are real women! Some women have curves. Some women are skinny. Some women are athletic. Some women have a little extra cushion in the middle and other places. Some women have an illness that causes them to be thin. And they would love to gain weight. And it is not helping when someone is rude and tells them to eat a cheeseburger. We are all real women!

         The entertainment industry is hard enough on women. Let us make this up by being kind to each other. A little Kindness and gentleness and building up your sisters as well as your brothers is Fabulous!

"Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle" ~John Watson

(Thanks for hearing me out. I am truly speaking to myself on this subject. I just hope that I can be a good influence to someone else.)

No comments:

Post a Comment