Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Comfort Food for Valentines Day or Any Day

Lasagna is not an everyday dish, but something wonderful to make for your love(s) on Valentines Day. I don't have an actual Valentine. So my loves this year are my family. Also my dogs, but they can't eat lasagna. Can you picture big brown eyes begging for a little?

My mother taught me how to make it. I asked her how much Mozzarella? She said, lots. More is better.



 Lasagna is not hard, just time consuming.



But it's well worth the effort




The finished and delicious product




Lasagna
Box of lasagna noodles
mozzarella
ricotta
tomato sauce
diced tomatoes
tomato paste
basil
Sausage (I use turkey sausage)

Cook noodles according to directions

Simmer all the tomato products together. Add basil (to taste)

Brown sausage in a skillet

Layer all the ingredients together. Starting with the noodles

Cook on 400 for an hour. Or until the center of the lasagna reaches 165 degrees. Everything is pretty much already cooked but cold lasagna ::shudders::

No comments:

Post a Comment